Speed Skate Rental
Program Registration for Skaters includes the rental of 1 pair of Short Track Speed Skates for the season (October-March). The cost of renting speed skates from the Club ($150.00) is included in registration fees. Due to limited quantities of Club skates in each size, skaters are limited to 1 pair of short track skates per skater for the season.
Skaters are able to exchange their speed skates throughout the season (e.g. if their skate size changes mid-season). There is no cost for exchanging Club skates.
The Club does not have Long Track Skates for rental. Older skaters may need to purchase their own long-track boots and blades. They may also need to purchase higher-level short track blades.
Higher-level skaters may need to purchase long track blades (compatible with short track boots), long track blades and boots, or additional equipment as recommended by the Head Coach. Please talk to the Head Coach before purchasing to ensure that you equipment is appropriate for the development and ability of your skater.
The Club loans to all skaters a free Club Racing Skin Suit for use at Meets. Racing Skins must be returned cleaned (washed, inside out, cold water, and hung to dry). Racing Skins cannot be used for practice. If a skater wishes to practice in a skin, the Club has a bin of old suits for practice or skaters can purchase practice skins (used or new).
All families must supply a damage deposit cheque for Speed Skates and for Racing Skins. These are held by the Club Treasurer until the end of the season and destroyed when Club Equipment is returned in good working condition. Normal wear-and-tear is acceptable but significant damage may result in a Damage Deposit Cheque being cashed by the Club.
- $125.00 Damage Deposit Cheque per skater for Speed Skates
- $125.00 Damage Deposit Cheque per skater for Club Racing Skin (if competitive skater)
- New cheques will be collected from all new and returning families at the start of each season in September during Equipment Pick-up
- Equipment will not be released until Damage Deposit Cheques are on file with the Club
- Cheques must be dated for 31 August of the following year (this covers skate use at Summer Speed Camp in July)
- If you do not have personal cheques, we can discuss alternate damage deposit payment methods