Online Registration for Speed Skating is open through the RDCLSSC's Ice Reg Portal (opens in a new window). Red Deer Central Lions Speed Skating Club uses the Speed Skating Canada Online Registration System for Club Registrations. All registrations and payments are completed online. A transaction fee is applied to all payments.
Registration Instructions for New Members
- Go to RDCLSSC's Ice Reg Portal (opens in a new window)
- Click "Registrar Now"
- Enter Profile Information for your skater(s) and their Adults
- Add the Program for your skater(s)
- Select the AASSA/SSC Category (if applicable - default is Participant and skaters can upgrade to Competitive for participation in Meets)
- Add Associate Memberships for your skater's Adults (all adults must join as an Associate Member for insurance and volunteering, see below for info)
- Pay Online
- Questions? Email us!
All adults in a family are expected to volunteer to support the Club. All adults in a family (parents, guardians, caregivers) must register as Associate Members.
An Associate Member is a member of a Canadian speed skating club who contributes as a coach, official, volunteer or parent who does not participate as a skating member. We do not charge a Club Fee for these roles.
Adult Associate Registration Fee: $21.50 (+ transaction fees)
Elite, Affiliated Skaters
A skater who participates in sanctioned international and / or national competitions, namely SSC National Championships (age, junior, senior), Canada Cups, North American, Canada Winter Games and selection in Canada. Skaters in this category do not train in Red Deer with the Club, but are Affiliated with the Red Deer Club. Only the AASSA/SSC Fee is charged for this membership.
Elite, Affiliated Skater Registration Fee: $163.00 (+ transaction fees)
Please note, Club skaters who qualify for National events (such as CanWest or Canadian Youth Long Track Championships) will be upgraded from Competitive to Elite and have the difference in AASSA/SSC Fee applied to their account.